Wednesday 20 January 2010

68, but what do you expect when chained to the stove and constantly tasting

10.58 Spent all of Monday and Tuesday cooking, filling freezer with tasty meals so C doesn’t starve while I’m away. All packed in individual portions in little foil dishes – shepherd’s pie, chicken curry, even some chilli which I never normally make for flatulence reasons but since he’ll be on his own, well, why not. Plus some stewed fruit, and a chocolate cake already cut into individual portions. If I stock the fridge with apples and cheese for his lunches he should be fine. Will just make a coffee and talk him through the reheating instructions.

11.39 Explained at length, also ran through contents of airing cupboard and how washing machine works in case of laundry emergency. Could tell he wasn’t listening, but watching robin on bird feeder, so I stopped talking. C said ‘OK. I’ve been asked out for dinner actually – Roderick’s partner Gerald is a chef you know.’ Gerald? I didn’t know there was a Gerald.

14.15 Texted Una ‘sorry, Albufeira off, Colin needs me here.’

15.14 Ear throbbing from long call from Una, on landline so she suddenly said ‘must go, we only get one free hour with our package.’ But end result am going to Albufeira as girls need me, Geoffrey is going to Scotland for golf and Audrey’s Nigel is in towering rage and has banned her from going away without him. As Una says, this is not to be tolerated and we must go.

No comments: