Friday 29 January 2010

No need of scales, am perfect woman apparently, Hugh Grant fantasies 0, Colin Firth fantasies 0, real life events many.

08.33 a.m. Spent yesterday with Julio. Looked out of window after breakfast and there was his Merc, with him leaning casually against bonnet, immaculately dressed with lemon jumper slung round his shoulders. Looks just like Louis Jourdan in Three Coins in the Fountain. Wonderful day, but at the end told him I was happily married woman and not to come round here again.

08.47 a.m. Will just see if Audrey and Una are awake. Will spend the day with them and try to mend a few bridges.

08.48 a.m. Found a note in the kitchen ‘gone to the beach – enjoy your lie in. We’ll be near the beach cafĂ©, do come and join us.’ Oh dear, really don’t fancy playing gooseberry to the pair of them with the waiter and the taxi driver. And look, there’s Julio waiting outside. Naughty boy. Will just go and tell him to give up, since I belong to another.

11.36 p.m. Another perfect day with a perfect gentleman. He calls me Pamela – not Pam or Pammy (sometimes catch Colin staring at me with puzzled expression, as if not entirely sure what I’m called). Julio opens the car door for me and helps me into my coat. We found a deserted beach and walked on it, holding hands. He gently removed my turban and somehow I didn’t care about the roots (hardly show anyway).

11.37 p.m. Am a scarlet woman. Just like Una and Audrey.

No comments: