Saturday 6 February 2010

Managed to resist scales, although the morning feels all wrong without ritual weigh in. No interest in fantasies of any sort.

Was totally fed up with Talking Balls, full of strange words like hegemony and zeitgeist but is there anything about what to do when your husband has gone African Drumming with Roderick and Gerald, refuses to talk about issues (if that’s the right word) and instead tells you not to be such a ‘moaning Minnie’? No there is not. So got rid of it – left it in the Ladies at WI.

WI was a nightmare as it happens, Una full of stories about her grandchildren making a huge banner reading ‘Welcome home Nanna U’ and Audrey very strange, all pink and giggling. And when I was asked what I did on holiday I blushed and said ‘oh, it was a week ago, can hardly remember.’ Sylvia replied ‘Well Pam you are a little young for memory loss, anyway I hear Colin enjoyed himself. Before I could say how glad I was that my husband didn’t fall apart just because I had a little holiday she called the meeting to order and introduced the speaker – something about the History of the Doily, which normally I’d be interested in but was too mortified to listen.

Tried to phone Bridget again, must talk to someone but no answer, again. Where can she get to, no wonder her flat is always untidy. Phoned Una who did listen but then said grimly ‘count your blessings Pam, at least he’s not at you all the time.’ Phoned Audrey but she was rather breathless and I heard her whisper ‘in a minute darling, in a minute.’ So phoned Una again and she said ‘oh yes, I believe Nigel has rather come to heel since we went away. Look, why don’t you phone Elaine Darcy, that son of theirs is divorced, she may know what to say to you.’

Divorced! Surely she doesn’t think we. But then on the other hand. I really don’t know if I’m coming or going. And what am I going to do about all these texts from Julio?

No comments: