Sunday 21 February 2010

Weight unknown, calories unknown, alcohol units 16 (but have 35 years of catching up to do), fulfilled fantasies just the one, but what a one.

16. 35 What a weekend. Started in dutiful parental mode, lunch with Bridget, at her most annoying too. Really she hasn’t changed since she was 6 so I had to sit through her endless complaints about work, boyfriends, her flat, while watching her chomp through all the most unhealthy things on the menu. Hang on, phone is bleeping.

16.40 Text from Julio. Silly boy. Where was I. Oh yes, I had intended to tell B about Julio but when she eventually got round to asking me how I was and what happened in Albufeira I was so irritated with her I simply didn’t want to confide, so denied everything. And all the while Julio was waiting patiently outside the coffee shop! Oh, phone again.

16.50 Julio again. Rather lovesick it seems. Anyway finally got away from loving daughter for wonderful afternoon, evening and, no more lies, all night, with J. Phone.

17.20 Called him back this time. Only so much you can say in a text. As soon as I got home this morning B was on the phone accusing me of mistreating Colin and taking a lover, etc etc. Quite something coming from a girl who has had more boyfriends than – well not hot dinners in her case, but let’s just say a lot of boyfriends. Trouble is, once you start telling little fibs they do start to grow. Pretended I had bumped into J. accidentally and anyway he was just a friend. Oh, can hear Colin’s car.

19.07 And why I wonder is it always mum’s cooker and dad’s car? He also over the years has owned the stereo system, the settee and the side of the bed with a reading lamp. I am allocated the contents of the kitchen, whoopdedoo. Specially the washing machine, which is so much mine Colin dare not touch it. No doubt that, rather than laziness, is why he’s just asked me to wash the filthy clothes he came home in – has been helping Geoffrey Alconbury clear out the granny flat, painting ceilings etc. I refused, which seems to have upset him more than our relationship breakdown. Let Una do it, since she is so keen to have him.

No comments: